Industry Lead – Decentralized Utilities
The Venture Lab is the global innovation and collaboration hub of NGK Spark Plugs. We are on a mission to develop innovative business solutions that tackle tomorrow’s challenges. Our team actively seeks opportunities to work with the brightest entrepreneurs and industry leaders to launch new businesses in the areas of smart health, smart mobility, and decentralized utilities. The Venture Lab team is a diverse group of individuals that all share passion, drive, and an open mind towards improving the world and building a better future for all.
The Ideal Candidate:
Are you a visionary leader? Are you a passionate individual who wants to transform the future and develop innovative ideas into tangible business solutions? Then you are the person we are looking for to join our Venture Lab team! We need someone to rally to the right people and resources to incubate business ideas in the area of Decentralized Utilities (i.e. energy, sustainability, decarbonization). If you are proactive about generating ideas, can create a clear vision, resourcefully execute the strategy, and guide people through the challenges, you are meant to join our team!
As the in-house expert, you will guide the activities of the Venture Lab in the area of Decentralized Utilities from the idea generation phase through business incubation. You will confidently lead the exploration of market needs and opportunities, evaluate potential solutions, and test viable business models. You will develop and execute strategies for revenue generation that are aligned with internal and external stakeholders. You will actively collaborate with our Venture Labs in Tokyo and Europe as well as other project teams throughout NGK’s global network on a regular basis. You will provide industry expertise to the Ventures Team for evaluating relevant and exciting investments and partnerships. You will successfully drive the creation of proposals that contribute toward NGK’s revenue targets.
What you Bring to the Team:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in the Decentralized Utilities sector, and have a dynamic work background covering a variety of roles with corporations, startups, and investors.
- You’ve had a direct impact in creating new business, either through corporate innovation or a leadership role in a startup.
- You can see situations from both the corporate perspective and the startup perspective, and reconcile the two.
- You have experience and enjoy working with a culturally and geographically diverse team.
- You understand business innovation concepts such as business model design, UX, monetization strategies, and human-centered design.
- You have proven project management, problem solving and planning skills, with a demonstrated record of successfully managing multiple projects with internal and external partners.
Your Daily Contribution:
- Drive the success of our ambitious company goals by leveraging your industry expertise to lead the Venture Lab team to create new business opportunities in the area of Decentralized Utilities.
- Develop and execute outside-in focused ‘0 to 1’ innovation strategy to contribute towards business goals.
- Oversee the incubation of new businesses from conception to handover to aligned business units, with the aim of contributing to NGK’s goals for new revenue generation.
- Research, analyze, and investigate business leads and develop strategic recommendations on the most optimal opportunities.
- Proudly represent the Venture Lab at relevant industry forums and speaking engagements, and promote our activities to industry, research and startup players in the Decentralized Utilities ecosystem.
- Eagerly collaborate with the Ventures Team to support deal flow and due diligence regarding investment and partnership candidates.
- Provide effective leadership and facilitate the professional growth and development necessary of a high functioning team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company matching
- Generous paid time off programs
- Collaborative environment to think outside the box
- Growth and development opportunities
APPLY HERE via LinkedIn
or apply here through our NGK website